Friday 16 September 2011

This is a Warning! Be Vigilant in What you let your Kids Watch! (Tree House)

I was watching Treehouse with my 18 month old son today.  A channel that  is safe programming for young children, and suddenly a segment on vampires comes on.  The segment was an interview with a director with clips from a gory vampire movie.  My mouth was gaping as I quickly removed my son and pvred it, to see if what I was watching was really on Treehouse.  The segment was about 2 and a half minutes of clips of scary vampires with interviews with a director.  At the same time, the treehouse symbol was showing on the bottom right hand corner of the t.v.  It then, went into regular programming.  I am concerned because whether or not this was a mistake, my young impressionable 18 month old son, is getting images that I absolutely would never let myself watch, let alone him.  What about all the other children watching treehouse, and they saw the whole segment.  Scary!  I am writing so that this can be made known on a grand scale....Parents MUST be vigiliant and careful, even with things they think they can trust.  Treehouse T.V. has not responded, as of yet to my complaint.  I would like a response to this As Soon As Possible!
David Morgan (Concerned Parent)

No comments:

Post a Comment