Saturday 16 April 2011

Last Night "STEPPING UP young fathers"


Last night was really good, it definitely was a guys meeting!  We watched the hockey game and Vancouver won over Chicago. The score..... 4-3, Yahoo!  Bring home the cup Vancouver! While we watched the game the guys talked on "What it means to be a father."  Who says guys can't multitask?  I felt really encouraged by the stories that were shared.  A lot of those stories will help me in the future as I parent my children, and I can't help but think the stories that were shared will benefit all who were there,Thanks guys, for your input! 


 Last night I felt a sense of  "We are onto something here." I couldn't help but think how many young dad's lives can and will be helped and changed as we continue to share our experience's on being a father with one another.  I felt that this new emerging group of young dads can stop the thinking that, "We can continue to father our children on our own, without the help of anyone.....We can be an island unto our own........Never reaching out for help to anyone."  We as young fathers need to understand that we need to stand beside each other, that we are not alone in fatherhood  and that most important, we will find that there is strength given to us as we come together helping one another to understand what it means to be a father.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment