Saturday 30 April 2011

Young Dads Meeting Tonight: Anger and what it does to us as fathers.

This picture above is how I feel about the young dads! By sharing our stories we are making stronger communities. You guys are all super Dad's to me!

Well there was no beef jerky or coffee tonight but there was, "A"coffee the coffee I brought for me LOL. Putting coffee and beef jerky aside, we all brought one thing tonight, that one thing was our stories.  And guys I want to thank you for all those stories shared.  The stories shared tonight have encouraged me deeply.  Thank you for being so open and honest, just brilliant!
 
Our topic tonight was on anger, we talked on how we can use our anger to be good fuel or negative fuel moving us forward or backwards in our lives.  A couple of things that jumped out at me as we talked was this:  we all have anger and have experienced anger.  Anger, has positive effects and negative effects on us and our loved ones.  I learned that unresolved anger from our earlier years in life have shaped each of us and has shaped our lives today.  But the greatest or most important thing I learned as you shared was that we don't have to be a victim of anger, we can move past our hurts and still be productive people giving back fully to the world around us and our loved ones.

I'm so encouraged by these young dads, especially the way we can talk on such deep topics week after week and walk away with a sense of togetherness, feeling built up, and feeling very encouraged!  WOW!

This small grass roots group has such great potential!  This group of young dads has the potential to link arms with other hurting dads and to help them too.  My hope is that this group will realize that their stories are powerful and their stories give strength and hope to other dads.  I hope they will continue to extend themselves and link arms with other hurting young fathers all over Surrey!

Hope to see you all again next week....David Morgan    

No comments:

Post a Comment