Tuesday 26 April 2011

Quick Hello

Good Day all,

I hope Easter was good for all of you?  Just want to follow up with each of you and invite you to yet again another dads meeting this Friday, at Brads house.  Brad has opened up his living room to us so we can, talk, yell and eat beef jerky, I don't know if we will do it in that order,  and heck I don't even know if there will even be beef jerky there, but I do know we are meeting on Friday and it sounded cool and a dad thing to do, anyhow it will go something like that! LOL!  "We are calling our Friday nights the "SOUNDING BOARD", thanks BRAD for that!   The SOUNDING BOARD is a safe place for young fathers to connect and vent and receive life tools to succeed in being the best young dad's possible.

This weeks topic is on ANGER,  the focus of this discussion will be, "How do we control our anger?  Letting anger work for the positive in our lives not letting anger get the best of us"? So many young dads have anger, life is frustrating and there is lots of pressures to deal with.  Anger is a natural response to struggle!

Anger is not a bad thing but if we use it in a negative way we can destroy our lives and those we love. I let anger almost destroy my life. Talking to other young father's about my struggle with anger is part of my healing journey and my giving back to our community.  And I'm sure you will find healing too as you share your story!

There is hope!!  You see,  anger used or (channelled) in a positive way can give you the fuel to make positive changes in our lives anger is not a bad thing it's how we use it that counts!

So come on out this Friday, be apart of our community seek change that will help you be a great person, a contributor to society and most importantly a committed father.....David Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment